[Prev][Index][Thread]

Christianity

I stumbled across your sight tonight when things were moving too slowly at my usual Christian chatsight
*smile* and was pleased to find someone who seemed to share some of my concerns about the narrowness of
the organized Christian community.  I am not a theologian, but I have tried to pay attention to the
writings that I have believed the Holy Spirit sent my way and have been deeply influenced by C.S.Lewis,
M.Scott Peck, and Hannah Hurnell. In my almost 20 years as a Christian, I have seen so much emphasis on
correctness of doctrine and so little on the Love of Christ; my own son is repulsed by the very word
"Christian" simply because of the ugliness he has seen within the Christian community.  Because I believe
in the concept of the Body of Christ, and the need for the fellowship of believers, I have struggled to
remain within the only representation of that Body that has been available to me (the Church) but it has
been very difficult, and I generally either have to keep my beliefs to myself or risk offending and
alienating those I consider my brethren.  I am not familiar with the writings of Mr.Fox, but I do believe
that Christ is someone much bigger than the ideas I hear expressed in church.  In fact, I recently shocked
a fellow chatter by saying that I often feel closer in spirit to some of the pagans who enter the
Lighthouse (chatroom - I turned to the chatroom hoping to find more openmindedness than I have found in my
congregation) than to many who call themselves Christian.  I find witness in my spirit with many of the
things you said, and I wish you success.  May God's blessing go before you.

In His Love,

A fellow sojourner
--
MZ