[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Trying to Get Set Up

Dale..Charles Henderson reminded me that I have been terribly out of
touch. First you can put anything from his page on yours in relation to
the photo and sermon that are there.  And I am appending a list of files
that people can get by writing me here and requesting the files in their
notes. Best, S  Also I am appending a bried file called FAQ

The following files are available by e-mail request.  Please use the
filenames in caps following the descriptions.  Files will be sent via
e-mail. They range in size from around 20K to 40K bytes and are in
seven-lesson units.  They are all designed for lay study and can be
used for individual study or in community education.

If you requested these files previously and did not receive them it may
have been due to a mailer error on my end. Apologies.  It has been corrected.
Please request again.

Calling All Nations: Paul's Letter to the Romans Chapters 1-4
Filename:   CALLING

Gifts and Christian Community: A Study of 1 Corinthians 12
Filename:   GIFTS

The Way of Jesus Part One :  A Study of the first seven incidents in
Jesus's ministry.  Filename: WAY1

A Collection of Original Hymns set to common meters and familiar tunes.
Filename ALL.

How To According to Jesus 1 A Bible study of the first seven incidents in
Jesus' adult ministry meant to accompany The Way of Jesus. Filename HOW1

How To According to Jesus 2 A Bible Study of Jesus's adult ministry.
Seven lessons focussed on such issues as prayer, fasting and charity.
Filename HOW2

Self Help and the Bible Seven essays meant to encourage lay discussion of
the Biblical concepts of responsibility and of self-help as a Biblical
concept. Filename HELP

Sin, Therapy and the Bible.  Seven brief essays highlighting the Biblical
concept of sin and the cure for same. Filename THER

Luther's Devotional Ein Deutsch Theologie.  An introduction to the
spiritual classic which Luther translated.  Excerpts and discussion points.
Filename EIN

An introduction to Job.  This Bible classic introduced in seven brief
essays. Filename JOB
Please address correspondence and requests to renewal2@panix.com

RENEWAL 2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

1. What is Renewal 2?  Renewal 2 is a continuation of the same effort
that first appeared in 1961 as Renewal Magazine, published by the Chicago
City MIssionary Society.  That effort assumes the most important need in
all churches is the education of the laity and the revitalization of the
church that comes from enlivened faith at the grass roots.

2. Renewal was a magazine, Renewal 2 is not -- please explain?  Renewal
was made up of single theme issues which were often circulated well
beyond its base circulation of around 25,000. Renewal 2 is a publishing
venture in cyberspace with a similar emphasis on single themes and a
greater emphasis of Biblical study.

3. Who is "behind" Renewal 2?  Renewal 2 is the creation of the founder
and editor of Renewal and author of The Grass Roots Church, Stephen C. Rose.
There is no financial support and no institutional support and Renewal 2
represents no church organization.  Steve writes all of its studies and
is involved in all efforts to circulate them in cyberspace.

4. How is Renewal 2 supported?  Very little support is needed. Renewal 2
is largely a voluntary effort.  However, the laborer is worthy of his or
her hire. Each Renewal 2 study is entirely free on request -- though they
are only sent via e-mail or downloaded from various sites in
cyberspace. In the event that any study is printed out at the user end
for study use, a one time User License Fee of $10 is requested.
This entitles the user to make copies for a study group. No commercial or
resale use is permitted and the copyright to these studies is owned by
the author.

5. What is the purpose of this effort?  Renewal 2 intends to prove that
there is room today for a broadly ecumenical lay mivement that does not
draw its inspiration or labels from any place other than the Gospel of
Jesus Christ.  It assumes by faith that Jesus is the designated
teacherhealerpreacher intended by Abba to bring the entire world to a
state of Beatitudinal obedience.

6. I would like to read the Teachers Tips and Premises before I request a
file. Can you oblige?  Yes.  Simply send a request for the file TTP and
it will be returned via e-mail.

7. How about a list of available studies?  It is in preparation. Requests
will be answered ASAP with a list of the studies already prepared for
sending.

8. Is there a Renewal 2 organization?  Nope. Renewal 2 encourages you to
find your own way in community with others who share the premises.
Renewal 2 supports grass roots ecumenical action in particular.

Best, S