[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Reassuring

While I haven't yet come across specifics about your view of
Christianity, I am much encouraged by the comments I have read. I left
Christianity nearly three decades ago and am clergy with Church of All
Worlds, the first legal Pagan church in the United States and
Australia.  I have been very devout since a small child, and while my
experience of the Divine could not permit me to accept Christianity
ultimately (despite my parents' best efforts), I am clear it was
designed to be a religion of love and compassion, something I find so
very little of in many who loudly proclaim their "acceptance of Christ
as their saviour."  I am committed to people committing to a spiritual
path that makes their lives, and the lives of those around them work. I
am also committed to people of all faiths learning to accept each other
as sacred and as creations of the Divine. Whatever the hereafter brings
us, we are all on this planet together now. Whatever the Divine is or
is not, we can surely best serve by loving one another and making life
the best it can be for all. I do not have an agenda of changing
anyone's mind about their spirituality, except, perhaps, to the extent
it invalidates others' paths. However I may be of service in bringing
the World's religions in harmony with one another, I will gladly
participate. Blessings to you. Avilynn Pwyll (avilynn@daft.com)P.S. I
don't mind, however, respectful theological debate, however lively.