[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

creation spirituality

dear Dale and friends,
   Thanks for being present on the web.  I am networking through a
variety of means to seek out others who may be able to share their wisdom
on starting a Creation Spirituality community.  After first reading
Matthew Fox's work 4 years ago, I have yearned to explore and express
these teachings with kindred souls, but the logistics of life have made
it daunting to try to start it on my own.  Now I am taking a deep breath
and reaching out to others to share my vision.  My idea is to start with
co-creating seasonal, earth-based celebrations that are welcoming to
families and people of all traditions.  To truly connect with the divine
Gaia, I see these celebrations taking place in natural, outdoor settings.
I am inspired by the activities that Joseph Cornell (Sharing Nature with
Children) encourages that are effective in enabling a wide range of
people to experience a deep connection with the natural world.  My hope.
as a parent, is that others will join in creating a space where children
can learn to access Spirit through communion with and caretaking of our
natural world.  Perhaps the group would evolve to encourage the creation
of rites of passage to honor different life stages, etc.  Obviously I am
inspired by indigenous traditions and learning from them how we can walk
a more harmonious, sustainable path.  Does anyone else out there have
advice, or experience in starting such a community?  Are you on a
similiar journey?   I look forward to responses!