[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Great Web Site!!!

Dale,

Many thanks for getting in touch with me! You have a nice-looking family. We
have two boys of our own. Our oldest (Brent) is half Brian's age. Our
youngest is one and a half.

While my own research is not being done in the interests of serving "the
Christian church," I do appreciate the fact that our research overlaps. Of
course my research has some relevance to Protestant theological concerns.
For example, I forcefully argue that Christian tradition ("the message") is
a dynamic phenomenon of which inscipted tradition is but one
historically/technologically conditioned manifestation. I suppose a more
theological take on this would be to say that as children of the
Reformation, printing press and Luther's "sola scriptura," Protestantism
(especially evangelicalism) exists, in many respects, as a media-specific
phenomenon. To be a little more contentious ;-), I would suggest that
electronic media (by forcing one to reenvision/relativize earlier
communications technologies) prompts one to recognize that the Catholic
church was on the right track. Tradition precedes the bible (i.e., "orality"
precedes textuality). I would add that it also succeeds the bible (i.e.,
"electronic textuality" succeeds print)! Comments?

>I am working ion this area while doing my DMIN degree online.  I have
>some Web pages at http://www.iac.net/~dlature

I enjoyed browsing your Web pages. Interestingly enough, my Chorus project
(www.chorus.cycor.ca) grew out of a newsletter that I published a couple of
years ago. I sure don't miss producing print!

>Please check it out and critique.  I am encouraged by other critical
>thinking on the Web about this topic.
>Thank you for your work.  Maybe we can do some stuff with what the other
> has done.

You're doing some interesting things. If you can think of ways that we can
serve each other, just let me know.

Best,

Todd

Todd Blayone (chorus@peinet.pe.ca) Project Coordinator, Chorus