[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

web page

Dear Dale,

As I have read most of the pos/neg comments about what your doing one might
consider me an echo. Since you have been concerned about lack of attention to
your web page I figured I write (something I never do).  I'm fairly new to
the internet, but I must say I love your site!  I find it refreshing, amidst
all the "liberal" bashing I have seen among the evangelical/fundementalist
crowd.  I think what you are trying to do is outstanding, and commend you
highly on your long suffering, and tolerance of this group of people.  Even I
get quite weary of explaining and re-explaining my faith to them.  I came
from a fundementalist background, and was very literalistic all the way to my
second year of collage.  I took Old and New Testisment courses that expanded
my mind and my faith without measure.  I could actually see the depth and
mystery of the Christian faith was so much larger than I had ever imagined.
Quite a thrilling time in my life.  But what I found was that all my friends
and family were still where I used to be, stuck in the rut of literalism.  Up
till the present day, I have tried to convey that same mystery to all who
asked of my faith.  As you are by now well aware quite a few outside the
scholarly circle practically brand you as a heretic.  That is why commend
you.  You are doing something that requires a great deal of pacience,
something I have been running short of lately.  Fight the good fight my
friend.