[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: listing under Christian resources

>At 04:05 PM 1/26/96 -0800, you wrote:
>>You are not a Christian, why do you pose as one?
>
>Uh,   excuse me Ron,  but I thought,  and correct me if I'm wrong,  that a
>Christian is one who believes in Christ,  and follows him.   Your
>interpretation of me is way way off base.   For example:

A Christian is one who accepts Jesus Christ as God; the almighty,
inseparable from God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. A Christian follows
ONLY Christ, as enabled by the Holy Spirit. Our God is a jealous God and
tolerates no one other than those who follow him as prescribed in his Word.

>>You have denied Christ by denying his diety

Jesus is wholly God and wholly Man. But he took all direction from God the
Father while on earth, and declared many times that he came ONLY to do God's
will. To posit actions or forms of thought contrary or in addition to these
explicit declarations is invention -- and thus a heresy.

ilBY>
>I do nothing of the sort.  If by affirming also his humanity you think I
>deny his deity,  then you are in danger of Gnosticism.

In emphasizing his humanity, I believe you posit as truths things for which
there is no substantiation in scripture. You are exercising your own
imagination and wandering from scripture as the SOLE source of knowledge.
Yes, we learn also from the Holy Spirit, but we are told to test all things
against God's Holy Word.

..you have made him a liar
>>by declaring that there are other paths to God, when Jesus Christ
>>himself made it clear that He is the only path to salvation
>
>No,  Ron,  I believe Christ is THE way.   The problem is,  your
>interpretation of who Christ is   is way too small and constricted.   Christ
>is more than our ideas of him.   Christ influences much more than our own
>particular brand of theology.

We know Christ only from scripture. He is the only way, and He did not come
in any forms other than those laid out by scripture. Scripture is complete,
as Christ himself said. There is to be no adding to it. I am complete,
because He is complete, and I exist within Him -- who is outside the
universe, who, in fact dwarfs the universe. Without knowing me, you say my
view is small and constricted. I rather believe you are the one
shortchanging God, by thinking His perfect and complete word must be
expanded upon. It isn't a matter of interpretation, unless one chooses to
disbelieve scripture and to devise revisions to suit his personal views as
to how God SHOULD have ordered things, had He been more competent.

Christ is not an idea of mine. He was revealed to me. I am not qualified,
nor allowed to even consider adding to what He is. That role I leave to
Satan and his cohorts and human followers. I know God fully because He is
revealed fully in scriptures. People who add to the scriptures (Mormons,
Jehovah's Witnesses, etc., etc.) are in great danger of damnation, as
clearly explained in the closing verses of the Revelation. By 'adding', I
also mean those whose imaginations are excited by demons to "believe" things
that are not verified in God's word.

>; and you
>>have made a mockery of the Holy Bible, which Jesus Christ himself
>>declared to be the Word of God and the source of life.

>Again,  how do I make a mockery of the Bible?  That is nonsense.

See above.

>I hope you aren't one of those "drive by debaters" who cast a cowardly snipe
>in my direction and don't care to back up their accuations.  Answer my first
>question first and foremost.  I AM a Christian, Ron.   IN saying I am not,
>YOU are making a mockery of Jesus' most basic teaching that he comes in to
>our life for the asking,  and transforms it from the inside out.

If I were a cowardly drive-by debater, I wouldn't have used my real name and
given my home address. You should be more discerning. Further, I am not a
debater, nor a theologian. I have no use for religion, and am impatient with
theology -- because both fields of human endeavor actually widen the gap
between us and Christ, quite the opposite of what we imagine in our
arrogance. I'm a small business owner who has great zeal for the Lord, and
defends His name to the best of my ability. He comes into our lives for the
asking, but the transformation takes place only when we yield to Him.
Instant salvations take place all the time. But these people prove not to be
fertile soil, and their faith never takes root. They certainly are damned.
They may take on the form for a time, but deny the power.

Those whom He transforms respond by discoving ever-deeper truths in
scripture. Since the wisdom of scripture is without bounds, the believer
does not have to go outside scripture to "discover other truths." Beware:
New Age Christianity is but another in the endlessly tiresome schemes of the
Liar as he attempts to make himself a god (through his influence over
gullible human beings who think the scriptures are incomplete and further
believe that further revelations are necessary to fully know God).

>New Media Communications at http://www.iac.net/~dlature
>Seeking to build a "Great Good Place" for the theological community

Digital Communications Services
1575 Thomaston Ave. Waterbury CT 06704
Phone: (203)591-1801 Fax:(203)756-4387